People and Trust!

Hello all,                                         
I Avinash Meshram, welcome you to my blog, Shall We Live on Mars? I hope you like to read my blog. Smiley...

Trust is a subjective thing. Sometimes we trust someone every easily. Sometimes we take a lot of time to trust someone.

 

You can trust two different people for two different reasons and share two different incidences with them. For example, you can trust someone to share your professional issues but you might not trust the same person with your personal issues. Similarly, you might trust someone with your personal life. But not with your professional life. Even in personal life, you might share your family issues with someone else and your dating life with someone else. And sometimes, someone trusts someone completely and shares everything with the same person. Is that good or bad? To share all with the same person?

I can’t answer this question in good or bad. It is too complicated to answer in just one word. Also, it is not my right to decide for you. You have to choose it yourself. But I would like to tell you what I think. I definitely don’t think that trusting one person with all your secrets and feelings can be categorized as good or bad. It always depends on the situation rather than the secret. One of my friend had break up because he trusted his girlfriend with all his secrets. Whereas my other friend has the best relationship with his girlfriend because he trusts her with all her secrets.

It is not easy to trust someone, and it is not necessary to have that trust for the lifetime. Trusting someone is not wrong and not trusting someone is not wrong either. Trust becomes right or wrong depending on the person and circumstances.

“Trust is an important pillar of a true relationship” is true. But there should be an absolute trust for a true relationship is not true! (At least I think that way. I believe one should not lie in a relationship and be honest. But that doesn’t not mean that every truth needs to be told.)

Even though trust makes you earn respect for you in the eyes of your partner, it doesn’t not guarantee that it would keep the love un-phased. And it doesn’t not guarantee that you will never be judged on the basis of what you share. We all know that people tend to judge us. Even those who don’t even know the complete story or the exact reason behind what has happened and why exactly it happened. In such a case, would it be good to trust such a person, with what you have to share? I have seen two people who love each other break up only because one partner shared something out of trust to the other partner, which the other partner could not handle. And even though she loved him and she knew that he can’t do anything to change what happened in the past. She could not bear to be in relationship with him anymore. Their bond of love broke up because of one little secret he shared. Which he could have easily kept to himself and could have had the love of his life, in his life. Then what went wrong? Was he wrong to share everything with her? or was she wrong to judge him on the basis of what she found out? I can’t actually comment on any of the questions. So I leave it to you do decide what went wrong.

There is a great chance that the girl you are dating now had a past relationship and you too have had a past relationship. And that’s not an issues. Because it is not necessary that you should find the perfect person for you in the first try. And you should definitely not stick to the person even if you know that he/she is not compatible with you. You need to let of the wrong person if you want to find the right person.

But, for example, say, if I am dating a girl. A girl that I think is, THE ONE. And I want to share everything with her. In that feeling, I start sharing my past relationships with her. How they started, how they went and why they ended. She knows that I had relationships before and she has accepted it. But if I keep talking about my Ex, because I want my current girlfriend to know everything about me… Then, even though she knows that I share everything with her out of love that I have for her, someday, she is going to get irritated by listening about my Ex. In her heart, she would shout out, to make me stop, but she won’t say anything out loud because she would not want me to feel that she is not interested in my feelings and my life. But it would affect her every time I bring up the topic of my Ex. The worst part is, someday I might share something that she won’t like. She might feel jealous if it is good. Or she might not like my stand on that particular situation or something else. But if I keep sharing every point of my past relationships with her, then, it would definitely happen that someday, she would find something that would hurt her. There is a saying, “If a cop follows your car for a long time. He is either going to find a busted tail lamp or he is going to bust it himself.” Someday, she would get angry on something, and it would damage our relationship. And I would be thinking, what wrong did I do by being honest with her about my past.

 

We all expect honesty to be rewarded, but we forget that honesty and reward are two different things, that are not necessary to be together all the time. If it was the rule, then every murdered would have accepted that he has murdered someone and expected that he should not be punished because he has been honest about what he did. But does that happen??

When trusting you partner and sharing everything with your partner affect your relationship, you start to think, what if you hadn’t said that. What if you had kept that little thing inside your heart. Then you wouldn’t have been seeing issues in your relationship. What if you would have just shut up when you should have? Was that so hard? But we think about all of it after the mistake has already been made.

Legal-illegal is clear as black and white. But ethical and unethical is not. Sometimes what is correct for you might be wrong for someone else. And sometimes, your trust on your partner can earn you respect, but it can also reduce the love that your partner has for you, at the same time. You can’t expect honesty, reward and love to walk hand in hand, all the time. It doesn’t happen. A person should be honest. But being honest and sharing your honesty should be two different things …

I have heard this and even used this a lot of times, “I want to tell you something, but promise me, you won’t get angry!”. Smiley…

 

When you know that she is going to get angry, then why share? And how can you expect her to not to get angry only because she has promised you? Promises are given or asked or kept for material things. No promise has a control over what a person feels! So how to expect such a thing?

 

The person who you trust can be glad for earning your trust. Would not judge you for a few things that you share. But you can’t be sure that he/she will not judge you for everything that you share. So it is important to know what and who to share.

 

One should trust people, it is important. You can’t live life without trusting anyone. That’s not possible. You need to have someone to trust. But with that, you also need to understand the extent of trust that you should have on that person. One should understand that not everything should be shared to everyone. And there are certain things, which should be kept to ourselves only!

 

So trust people, trust your partner and be honest. But always remember, lying and not tell the truth are not the same things. There are certain things, which are better not sheared!!!

Do not share everything with everyone. Know what to share with whom!!

I hope I have been able to express my perspective properly. It was difficult to explain trust and I feel about it without making it sound like I am against trusting someone or being honest with someone. So I want to make is clear that I believe in trusting people. Smiley... 



Thank you for reading the article. If you like my writing, you can search for my novel…

I Don’t Need Reasons. I Need You!




https://www.hillray.in/self-understanding/

Comments

  1. I agree!
    Building up trust takes time, infact it takes more time when it comes to maintaining it with our life partner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is satisfaction overrated?

What is Love?